Mintz Levin’s Health Care Enforcement Defense Group recently published its most recent Health Care Qui Tam Update. This Update analyzes the 47 health care-related qui tam cases unsealed in August and September 2017. Highlights from this Update include:
- a relatively high rate of intervention;
- cases filed in 30 different courts;
- cases brought against a variety of different health care providers;
- almost half of the cases filed by current or former employees; and
- faster times for unsealing cases.
The Update also provides an in-depth look at three sets of cases, including a set of seven qui tam actions filed against pharmaceutical manufacturer Novo Nordisk Inc. for alleged false claims stemming from “off-label” marketing of Victoza (liraglutide).
Click here to read the full Update.