Earlier this week, Mintz Levin’s Health Care Enforcement Defense Group published its most recent Health Care Qui Tam Update. This Update covers 34 health care-related qui tam cases that were unsealed in July 2017.
Here are some of the highlights:
– Of the 34 cases unsealed in July 2017, the government intervened (in whole or in part) in six cases and declined to intervene in 28.
– These 34 unsealed cases were filed in 21 different courts, including:
- Five in the Southern District of Ohio;
- Three in the District of Arizona; and
- Three in the Western District of Virginia.